“Mary Most Holy, Our Most Sorrowful Lady of Solitude”
Founded by Father Lasuen in 1787 it served a community of thousands of Chumash indigenous people that created over 100 permanent adobe buildings. In 1812, during the year of the earthquakes many of the mission structures were destroyed not only by the earthquakes and aftershocks, but also the drenching rain.
The mission was moved to its present location, four miles northwest to the Canyon of the watercress. It is the 11th Mission on the El Camino Real.
Casper, our black cat mascot is courageously purrching near the bell tower of the mission. He is the sign of an authentic Cat's Meow!
Handcrafted by our small workshop crew in Wooster, Ohio, this replica is made from 3/4" thick wood with colorful details on the front and a little description on the back.