This ¾” thick Wilton Railway Depot is hand screen printed on the front and back. It is part of a four-piece series of buildings called Liberty Street Series, created by Cat’s Meow founder, Faline Jones, in her sixth year of business. This series was introduced in 1988 and retired on December 31, 1993.
Although currently redising in a complex of historic buildings called Lambert Corners, this Gothic Revival-style railway depot was originally built in Wilton, Connecticut in 1852 when the railway came to town. In 1930, philanthropist Charles Dana moved this depot across the river and used it as his guest house, after a new, brick depot was built.
Look for our trademark black cat, Casper, on every Cat’s Meow. Handcrafted in our Wooster, Ohio workshop.
There are a limited number of this piece available, which is reflected in the price. With your purchase of this building, Faline will donate 10% to Amani Ya Juu, a fair-trade sewing and training program for marginalized women throughout Africa. Visit their website: www.amaniafrica.org (no wholesale orders)