This ¾” thick Ohliger House is hand screen printed on the front and back. It is part of a ten-piece series of buildings called Series VI, created by Cat’s Meow founder, Faline Jones, in her sixth year of business. This series was introduced in 1988 and retired on December 31, 1993.
In 1903, L.P. Ohliger started to build this house for his son. Mr Ohliger was a partner at a local bank and when the bank went bankrupt, he and his business partner fled to Canada, leaving the unfinished house to satisfy creditors. E.W. Thompson bought the house in 1909 and finished it. Today, it houses a C.P.A. firm in Wooster, Ohio.
Look for our trademark black cat, Casper, on every Cat’s Meow. Handcrafted in our Wooster, Ohio workshop.
There are a limited number of this piece available, which is reflected in the price. With your purchase of this building, Faline will donate 10% to Amani Ya Juu, a fair-trade sewing and training program for marginalized women throughout Africa. Visit their website: www.amaniafrica.org (no wholesale orders)