This ¾” thick King George Inn is hand screen printed on the front and a short description on the back. It is part of a four-piece series of buildings called Mid-Atlantic Tavern Series, created by Cat’s Meow founder, Faline Jones, in her seventeeth year of business. This series was introduced on January 1, 1999 and retired on December 31, 2003.
Dating back to 1692, the oldest section of King George Inn was originally a blacksmith shop which served the community of farmers. Since then, the Inn has housed a provisions post, a hotel and tavern and hosted church services for a bit. Restored in 1953, the stone foundations and interior beams and fireplaces have been brought back to their original beauty.
Look for our trademark black cat, Casper, on every Cat’s Meow. Handcrafted in our Wooster, Ohio workshop.
There are a limited number of this piece available, which is reflected in the price. With your purchase of this building, Faline will donate 10% to Amani Ya Juu, a fair-trade sewing and training program for marginalized women throughout Africa. Visit their website: www.amaniafrica.org (no wholesale orders)