This ¾” thick pine Jones Bros. Tea Co. is hand screen printed on the front and back. It is part of a ten-piece series of buildings created by Cat’s Meow founder, Faline Jones, in her fourth year of business. Designed after a building in Delaware, OH, this building was named after the historic Jones Bros. Tea Co., est. 1872 in Scranton, PA (later moved to Brooklyn, NY). The 1900 date at the top of the design represents the birth year of Faline’s Grandmother Fry. This series was introduced in 1986 and retired Dec 31, 1991. This piece is from the 1991 production year. Look for the trademark black cat, Casper, on every Cat’s Meow Village keepsake shelf sitter. Handcrafted in the USA.
There are very limited quantities of this piece available, which is reflected in the price. With your purchase of this building, Faline will donate 10% to Amani Ya Juu, a fair-trade sewing and training program for marginalized women throughout Africa. Visit their website: www.amaniafrica.org (no wholesale orders)