This ¾” thick Gadsby's Tavern is hand screen printed on the front and a short description on the back. It is part of a four-piece series of buildings called Mid-Atlantic Tavern Series, created by Cat’s Meow founder, Faline Jones, in her seventeeth year of business. This series was introduced on January 1, 1999 and retired on December 31, 2003.
Gadsby's Tavern is the combination of two buildings; a tavern, which was built around 1770 and the City Hall which was built around 1792. It is named after it's most prominent tavernkeeper, John Gadsby and was, at one time, the center of Alexandria's politics, business and social life.
Look for our trademark black cat, Casper, on every Cat’s Meow. Handcrafted in our Wooster, Ohio workshop.
There are a limited number of this piece available, which is reflected in the price. With your purchase of this building, Faline will donate 10% to Amani Ya Juu, a fair-trade sewing and training program for marginalized women throughout Africa. Visit their website: www.amaniafrica.org (no wholesale orders)