This ¾” thick Ford Mansion is hand screen printed on the front and a short description on the back. It is part of a eight-piece series of buildings called Series XVII, Revolutionary War Series, created by Cat’s Meow founder, Faline Jones, in her seventeeth year of business. This series was introduced on January 1, 1999 and retired on December 31, 2003.
After Colonel Jacob Ford was buried with full honors, For's appreciative widow offered Washington and his men the use of her mansion. They stored her valuables away while they used the house for almost seven months, during the 1779 and 1780 blizzards.
Look for our trademark black cat, Casper, on every Cat’s Meow. Handcrafted in our Wooster, Ohio workshop.
There are a limited number of this piece available, which is reflected in the price. With your purchase of this building, Faline will donate 10% to Amani Ya Juu, a fair-trade sewing and training program for marginalized women throughout Africa. Visit their website: www.amaniafrica.org (no wholesale orders)