This lighthouse stands 48 feet tall. It was constructed in 1877 in Chatham, MA, its cast iron shell lined with brick.
In 1923, it was moved to Eastham. It was moved yet again by the Nauset Light Preservation Society in 1996 when threatened by coastal erosion, as it had been standing less than 50 feet from the edge of a 70-foot cliff.
The Coast Guard gave the tower to the National Park Service.
This lighthouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.