First lit on August 30, 1849, the Palmer Island lighthouse served with the Fairhaven Bridge lighthouse from 1888 to 1891 to guide ships past the dangerous, rocky shoal of Butler Flats.
It was discontinued in the early 1960s when the harbor built a hurricane barrier that includes lights. On March 26,1960 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
We handcraft this lighthouse in our Wooster, Ohio workshop from 3/4" thick wood with colorful details on the front and a short history on the back.
Look for Casper, our black cat mascot, tucked into the rocky ledge waiting for low tide to reveal some tasty treats!