During the heyday of Route 66 this station was open 24 hours a day. It was build in 1933 with the bays added in 1945. It is believed to be the longest operating station on the Mother Road, closing in 1999.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2001 and named to the Route 66 Association Hall of Fame in 2005.
Fill 'er up, Casper! He's our black cat mascot, the sign of an authentic Cat's Meow!
We handcraft this from 3/4" thick wood in our Wooster, Ohio workshop.