The St. Simons Lighthouse and Keeper’s Dwelling were built in 1868-1872, replacing an earlier light station destroyed during the American Civil War.
The tapering brick tower still serves as an Active Aid to Navigation and houses the original third order Fresnel lens. Designed and manufactured in France, the lens casts its beam 23 miles out to sea.
The Dwelling was home to lighthouse keepers and their families until the light was automated in the mid-1950s.
It currently is the home of Coastal Georgia Historical Society Museum.
Look for Casper, our black cat mascot purrfectly content to curl up on the front steps keeping an eye out to welcome visitors!. He is the sign of an authentic Cat's Meow.
We handcraft this scene from 3/4" thick wood with colorful details on the front and a little description on the back, made is Wooster, Ohio.