Climb 175 feet in the tallest lighthouse in Florida! Built in 1887, it has guided mariners along the Florida coast for more than 130 years.
The original lamp burned kerosene; in 1909 it was replaced with an incandescent oil vapor lamp. In 1924 a generator was installed to provide electricity in the keepers' dwellings and to pump water, replacing an old windmill pump. The lighthouse beacon was electrified in 1933 with a 500-watt lamp. The first-order Fresnel lens was replaced with a third-order rotating Fresnel lens at the same time.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1998.
Casper, our clawver black cat mascot, is sitting at the base of the lighthouse. He's purrfectly satisfied to watch as visitors climb those many steps!
We've crafted this lighthouse from 3/4" thick wood with colorful details on the front and its story printed on the back. Made in the USA.