The Mackinac Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Straits of Mackinac to connect the Upper and Lower Peninsulas of the state of Michigan. Opened in 1957, the 26,372-foot-long bridge, known as "Big Mac" and "Mighty Mac,"is the world's 24th-longest main span and the longest suspension bridge between anchorages in the western hemisphere. The Mackinac Bridge is part of Interstate 75 and the Lake Michigan and Huron components of the Great Lakes Circle Tour across the straits; it is also a segment of the U.S. North Country National Scenic Trail. The bridge connects the city of St. Ignace on the north end with the village of Mackinaw City on the south.
Envisioned since the 1880s, the bridge was designed by the engineer David B. Steinman and completed only after many decades of struggles to begin construction. It was formally dedicated and had the first bridge walk in June 1958.
Look for our black cat, Casper, purrched on the bridge railing. He's our official mascot, which means you'll possess an authentic Cat's Meow.
Handcrafted by our small workshop crew in Wooster, Ohio, this replica is made from 3/4" thick wood with colorful details on the front and a description on the back.