Mission San Juan Capistrano is a former Spanish mission founded in 1776 in colonial Las Californias by Spanish Catholic missionaries of the Franciscan Order. Named for Saint John of Capistrano, the Spanish Colonial Baroque style church was located in the Alta California province of the Viceroyalty of New Spain.
Number 7 on the El Camino Real, this mission has the distinction of being home to the oldest building in California still in use, a chapel built in 1782.
The Criolla or "Mission Grape" was first plated in San Juan Capsitrano in 1779, and in 1783 the first wine was produced in Alta California was from the Mission's winery.
Look for Casper, our black cat mascot, tucked under the bushes purrhaps to take an afternoon catnap! He's the sign of an authentic Cat's Meow.
Handcrafted by our small workshop crew in Wooster, Ohio, this replica is made from 3/4" thick wood with colorful details on the front and a little description on the back.